As a member of our world-class design and development team you will manage innovative and inspired work across a variety of clients. You will work closely with our department Directors to deliver quality products to clients. All Insomniacs are expected to possess the orientation and ability necessary to collaborate and work effectively as a member of a diverse, high-performing, and inclusive team as well as model the behaviors that demonstrate commitment to Insomniac's vision, mission, culture and values.
Please note that only candidates eligible to work on a permanent basis without sponsorship are eligible to apply.
- Conduct cross-browser and cross-device testing of the templates.
- Work with back-end developers to implement the templates.
- Theme and style templates within Content Management Systems such as Drupal and WordPress.
- Work closely with creative team as necessary, to ensure proper implementation of designs and creative functionality to ensure adequate retention of user experience.
- Provide the best user experience when loading and presenting tons of data asynchronously'.
- Build and optimize web pages for speed and responsiveness.
- Assist back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting.
- Provide continuous support and maintenance for numerous web properties.
- Strong knowledge of design principles, typography, user interfaces, Web standards and usability.
- 3+ years of experience with front-end development and implementation within CMS frameworks
- Experience developing adaptive/responsive websites.
- Working knowledge of and experience with Content Management Systems like Drupal and WordPress. and ability to learn new technologies and software as necessary.
- Extensive experience with building responsive websites.
- Experience building and maintaining large sites.
- Understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks and hit deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Team player with a positive attitude and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Show good judgment, excellent planning, problem-solving, troubleshooting skills, coordination, management, and communication (verbal and written) with the ability to think strategically, act quickly, multi-task, work collaboratively in an environment that values creativity and flexibility, and make things happen.
- Demonstrated experience within fast-paced environments.
- Ability to manage large volumes of work with tight deadlines while managing your own time ensuring projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Outstanding creativity, enthusiasm, sense of humor, team spirit.